In Las Vegas, around 1999 – 2000, at the Sound Barrier record store / punk sanctuary I had been privy to see Wesley Willis perform on his Casio keyboard. Needless to say, he rocked it like a magic kiss. He rocked it like a hurricane.
He had his giant binder full of songs, which he let me look through after his set, really funny and amazing songs in there, so cool he let me look through it, too.
During his set, which was almost all new songs, I grabbed a flyer and a pen and wrote down the more amazing / funny titles. I wish I wrote down the whole set, but it’s too late for that now.
Here they are:
- War Hellride
- Suck Peanuts off a white man’s dick
- Funnier than Peanut Butter on a Yellow Ball
- Joy Ride
- Michael Jackson – which is a classic and was requested by a fan, Wesley finally gave in, after a prolonged cursing about Mr. Jackson.
WESLEY WILLIS R.I.P.
Blow it when you are watching FIFA’s World Cup.
- A very loud stadium horn.
- It’s kind of sounds like an elephant.
- Use by blowing into small mouthpiece and makes very loud noise.
- It could drives your neighbors nuts!
- It could drives your wife nuts!
- It could makes your kids happy!
- It could makes all of you exciting.
* Words taken from an ebay post description from a Hong Kong seller.
I just came across an old notebook, with a random stuff and lists. I love making lists. They are my attack plan, short and long term.
2004 Olympics list of Absurdities
- • Beer commercials about jogging. (One sure fire way to kill that buzz of beer drinking is by going jogging. Horrible idea, don’t try it.)
- • Car commercial with a dry female surfer with a Husky dog, running to her car with a cell phone in her hand. Brilliant.
- • ”Japan is gymnastics Super Power.” Comment made by Olympic announcer. (No need to state the obvious)
- • All the Romanians wearing their speedo underwear on the outside of their pants. What’s that all about?